We know it’s a tough job to be a caregiver, especially if you are caring for someone you love like a parent or other close family member. Oftentimes, the job is a thankless one, with many hours on the clock and little sleep. Some days, it may be hard to find the right inspiration to keep going.
It’s always nice to remember that you’re not alone! There is help out there in the form of friends who care, others who have walked in your shoes, and of course, caregiving support through companies like ours. When you need it the most, we can be there for your caregiving placement needs, but in the meantime, we hope that you find some motivation in these inspiring quotes for caregivers.
- “A good laugh and a long sleep are the two best cures for anything.”- Irish proverb
- “If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion.” — Dalai Lama
- “You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You must do things which you think you cannot do.” –Eleanor Roosevelt
- “You can do anything, but not everything.” — David Allen
- “It is not the load that breaks you down. It’s the way you carry it.” — Lena Horne, singer
- “There were moments when it hurt so bad you couldn’t breathe, yet somehow you survived the pain. There were days when you could barely put one foot in front of the other, yet somehow you arrived at your destination. There were nights when you cried yourself to sleep, yet somehow you held on until the morning. Your life is nothing less than a miracle.” ― Eleanor Brownn
- “Embracing a healing presence requires you to just be in the moment together.”― Nancy L. Kriseman
- “I believe that most caregivers find that they inherit a situation where they just kind of move into caregiving. It’s not a conscious decision for most caregivers, and they are ultimately left with the responsibility of working while still trying to be the caregiver, the provider, and the nurturer.- Sharon Law Tucker” ― Peggi Speers,
- “Caregiving leaves its mark on us. No matter what we do to prepare ourselves the hole left behind looms large.” ― Dale L. Baker
- “I want that person you knew to return. But the truth is, this may be the best we achieve. Today, having her here and comfortable and not agitated…that may be as good as we get. Are you okay with that?” -Chris Fabry
- “Some days there won’t be a song in your heart. Sing anyway.”–Emory Austin
- “Forgiveness is not an occasional act; it is a constant attitude.”–Martin Luther King Jr.
- “Happiness is an attitude. We either make ourselves miserable or happy and strong. The amount of work is the same.” –Francesca Reigler
- “One person caring about another represents life’s greatest value.” –Jim Rohn
- “Life’s challenges are not supposed to paralyze you; they’re supposed to help you discover who you are.” –Bernice Johnson Reagon
- “When you can think of yesterday without regret and tomorrow without fear, you are near contentment.” –Unknown
- “Although the days are busy and the workload is always growing, there are still those special moments when someone says or does something and you know you’ve made a difference in someone’s life.” -Diane McKenty
- “Care is a state in which something does matter; it is the source of human tenderness.” -Rollo May
- “Kindness can transform someone’s dark moment with a blaze of light. You’ll never know how much your caring matters. Make a difference for another today.” -Amy Leigh Mercree
- “No matter what you’ve done for yourself or humanity, if you can’t look back on having given love and attention to your own family, what have you really accomplished?” Lee Iacocca
If you’d like to learn more about how in-home caregiving can help you as a family caregiver, please contact us at 24/7 Nursing Care. We can help you put together the best care plan based on the needs of you and your loved one.
(855) 687 – 7344